Interested in joining our winning team?
Find out why SSIU is a great place to work!
If you have a bright personality, love to have fun at work, are driven to be the best-of-the-best, believe in personal and professional growth, want to be considered part of a family, rather than just an employee – then you may just be right to join SSIU. We operate in a fun, yet professional environment and offer competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, 401k and holiday pay. Candidates for positions with our company should be team oriented, self-motivated, a clear communicator with a customer-focused orientation. Business knowledge, critical thinking skills and a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement and both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are key focuses of the strong candidate.
Click here to complete the Employment Application, which includes the option to upload your resume and any other supporting documents before submitting. For questions, please contact Operations Director, Mindy Dees at email@example.com.
ADMINISTRATIVE & UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT
We are looking for a team player to join our company as an Administrative & Underwriting Assistant. This full-time position will be located in our satellite branch in Daphne, AL. The candidate for this position should be team oriented, but a self-starter, and present themselves with integrity and professionalism, be a clear communicator with a customer-focused orientation. Business knowledge, critical thinking skills and understanding of underwriting principles are paramount to this position. This candidate will be willing to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement and both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are key focuses of the strong candidate.
The Administrative & Underwriting Assistant acts as the face of the company to agents and insureds and provides a superior customer service experience. Performs routine and moderately complex clerical, administrative and support functions. This position relies on sensible judgement and meticulous attention to detail. This person must ensure that accurate information is collected and entered into the company management system whereby policies are issued. Primary focus on Property and Casualty.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Administrative, Underwriting Review and Policy Processing Functions, including but not limited to:
- Reviews New Business and Renewal inspection reports enters inspection data into the company management system; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability due to underwriting criteria or discrepancies found within the report.
- Communicate with Inspection Team regarding risk acceptance, declination or modifications
- Complete reviews of renewing policies for accuracy and underwriting criteria
- Process and complete new and renewal business binding within company management system
- Process and complete endorsements (policy changes) and cancellations, following guidelines presented in training
- Support the underwriting team by completing additional tasks as needed, including but not limited to inspection report processing and policy auditing
- Organize and work with detailed records, maintaining updated files for each insured
- Maintain exemplary customer service rapport by quickly and effectively addressing any needs
- Completes other tasks and office duties as assigned
Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
Qualifications / Required Experience
- Minimum 2 years Administrative and/or electronic Data Entry experience, including excellent typing proficiency
- Proficient and experienced with PC and all Microsoft Office programs
- Verifiable employment history and positive references to such
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Customer service skills including ability to display professional courtesy
- Willingness to grow within the organization