INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you have a bright personality, love to have fun at work, are driven to be the best-of-the-best, believe in personal and professional growth, want to be considered part of a family, rather than just an employee – then you may just be right to join SSIU. We operate in a fun, yet professional environment and offer competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, 401k and holiday pay. Candidates for positions with our company should be team oriented, self-motivated, a clear communicator with a customer-focused orientation. Business knowledge, critical thinking skills and a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement and both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are key focuses of the strong candidate.
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted for consideration to our Operations Director, Mindy Dees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST
We are looking for a team player to join our company as a Data Entry Specialist. This full-time position will be located in our corporate office in Foley, AL or in our satellite branch in Daphne, AL. A minimum 3 years electronic Data Entry experience, including excellent typing proficiency, advanced communication skills preferred. Proficiency and experience with PC and all Microsoft Office programs required. Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required for consideration.
Inspection Report Review and Processing Functions, including but not limited to:
Responsible for receiving and verifying underwriting inspections received from inspection vendors, including reviewing, filing and data entry, as well as managing discrepancies within the report. This position relies on sensible judgement and meticulous attention to detail. The inspection coordinator must ensure that accurate information is collected and entered into the company management system for reporting purposes.
- Reviews New Business and Renewal inspection reports enters inspection data into the company management system; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability due to underwriting criteria or discrepancies found within the report.
- Communicate with Inspection Team regarding risk acceptance, declination or modifications
- Complete monthly renewal reviews, while reviewing past years inspection report.
- Liaison between agency and inspection company for scheduling and compliance purposes.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of electronic records of inspections.
- Provides prompt, informative and courteous customer service to property owners and agents responding to inquiries and requests. Uses initiative to identify instances when owners, agents and staff should be alerted to developments.
- Completes other tasks and office duties as assigned.
UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT / CSR (Customer Service Representative)
We are looking for a team player to join our company as an Underwriting Assistant/CSR. This full-time position will be located in our corporate office in Foley, AL or in our satellite branch in Daphne, AL. Previous insurance experience and knowledge of P&C insurance and underwriting concepts required (minimum 1 year). Agency relations experience and additional insurance education a plus. Ability to work in team environment and independently. including excellent typing proficiency, advanced communication skills preferred. Proficiency and experience with PC and all Microsoft Office programs required.
Underwriting Review and Policy Processing Functions, including but not limited to:
- Review applications, renewals, and change requests; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability within prescribed limits of authority
- Complete policy processing, including invoice, bind and policy creation, review and issue
- Communicate with agents regarding risk acceptance, declination or modifications
- Learn, through education and training, technical information regarding underwriting, coverages, rates and risk selection
- Compute rates on applications, endorsements and quotes as necessary
- Insures compliance with underwriting strategies and regulator compliance
Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)