INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you have a bright personality, love to have fun at work, are driven to be the best-of-the-best, believe in personal and professional growth, want to be considered part of a family, rather than just an employee – then you may just be right to join SSIU. We operate in a fun, yet professional environment and offer competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, 401k and holiday pay. Candidates for positions with our company should be team oriented, self-motivated, a clear communicator with a customer-focused orientation. Business knowledge, critical thinking skills and a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement and both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are key focuses of the strong candidate.
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted for consideration to our Operations Director, Mindy Dees at email@example.com.
We are looking for a team player to join our company as Inspections Coordinator. This full-time position will be located in our corporate office in Foley, AL or in our satellite branch in Daphne, AL. A minimum 3 years electronic Data Entry experience, including excellent typing proficiency, advanced communication skills preferred. Proficiency and experience with PC and all Microsoft Office programs required. Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required for consideration.
Inspection Review and Processing Functions, including but not limited to:
Responsible for receiving and verifying underwriting inspections received from inspection vendors, including reviewing, filing and data entry, as well as managing discrepancies within the report. This position relies on sensible judgement and meticulous attention to detail. The inspection coordinator must ensure that accurate information is collected and entered into the company management system for reporting purposes.
- Reviews New Business and Renewal inspection reports enters inspection data into the company management system; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability due to underwriting criteria or discrepancies found within the report.
- Communicate with Inspection Team regarding risk acceptance, declination or modifications
- Complete monthly renewal reviews, while reviewing past years inspection report.
- Liaison between agency and inspection company for scheduling and compliance purposes.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of electronic records of inspections.
- Provides prompt, informative and courteous customer service to property owners and agents responding to inquiries and requests. Uses initiative to identify instances when owners, agents and staff should be alerted to developments.
- Completes other tasks and office duties as assigned.
PROPERTY UNDERWRITER – Greater New Orleans Region
SSIU is seeking an talented underwriter to implement and head our LA/Texas insurance division. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as a Property Insurance Underwriter; a specific focus on E&S and knowledge of the coastal market is required. This person must be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working and leading a growing team. Goal-oriented and personable would describe the ideal candidate. Opportunity exists to work from anywhere with an internet connection. This would be ideal for someone looking for growth and comfortable in a leadership role.
South Shore Insurance is an independent insurance underwriting company that specializes in providing policies for coastal properties. Since its founding 5 years ago, the firm has experienced exponential growth; it now has over 25 teammates and writes approximately $20MM in premiums. South Shore’s two key differentiators are its focus on providing streamlined tech solutions and exceptional client service level. The agency has a proprietary online insurance distribution platform that is simple and efficient for clients to use, connecting them with quotes for multiple carriers. South Shore has a flat organizational structure; each employee’s, or “teammate’s” as they are called internally, voice is heard and valued. This policy has created a corporate culture that prioritizes employee and client satisfaction. Health, Matching IRA, strong base salary plus commissions.