SSIU is a Gulf Coast owned and operated underwriting Coverholder for Lloyd’s of London. Our location, expertise and strong long-running relationship with Lloyd’s and our other Carrier Partners enable us to deliver stellar support and the best in coastal product offerings, while maintaining state-of-the-art technology resources and expeditious turn-around times for our retail agency partners. We are a paperless office, and offer online quote portal submissions and access to policy data, as well as electronic signature functions for ultimate efficiency.
Our Carrier Partners
- Lloyd’s of London – Personal & Commercial Property with Wind, Wind Only, X-Wind, Builders Risk
- Canopius US – Personal & Commercial Property with Wind, Commercial Package, Wind Only, Builders Risk
- Atlantic Casualty – Stand Alone General Liability
- Safehold – Builders Risk
- Palomar Specialty – Builders Risk
About Lloyd’s of London
Lloyd’s is the world’s specialist insurance and re-insurance market, bringing together an outstanding concentration of underwriting expertise and talent. It is often the first to insure emerging, unusual and/or complex risks. As the oldest insurance marketplace in the world, they have the pedigree and stability you and your customers want, and they maintain an A rating with AM Best. Our partnership with Lloyd’s means that the products you need for your customers are available in your area. We understand that helping you write more business is beneficial to us all. Our vast knowledge of Lloyd’s product lines allows us to help you recommend the best insurance opportunities to your customers, while giving you the security of knowing that SSIU is here to assist you. Lloyd’s has approved SSIU as a Coverholder by performing an assessment of our reputation and financial standing, and investigating the character and suitability of our offices and employees before accreditation.
Where We Write
- ALABAMA COUNTIES – Mobile, Baldwin
- MISSISSIPPI COUNTIES – Hancock, Harrison, Jackson*
- SOUTH CAROLINA COUNTIES – Beaufort, Colleton, Charleston, Georgetown, Horry
- FLORIDA COUNTIES – Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Franklin, Wakulla
- GEORGIA COUNTIES – Chatham, Bryan, Liberty, McIntosh, Glynn, Camden
*Expansion into additional markets expected in 2020
Personal Lines Programs
SSIU writes flexible coverage for all your customer’s personal lines needs. Programs include Homeowners, Rental Dwellings, Condominium Unit Owners, Wind Only, Vacant Dwellings and Manufactured Homes.
Commercial Lines Programs
We specialize in coverage for small to medium sized businesses with product offerings like: Commercial Property, General Liability, Builders Risk, Commercial Package, Vacant Risks and COAs and HOAs.
SSIU is working with our Carrier Partners to develop even more product offerings. Some programs coming soon to our market include Cyber Liability, access to Admitted Markets and Private Market Flood.