Our highly trained team of professional Underwriters, Account Managers and Underwriting Assistants are committed to providing stellar customer service.
Visit the sections below to learn more about how to use our Agent Portal and Online Rater to obtain quotes, request applications, binding or endorsements, submit claims, and more. If you can’t find the answer here, please contact our Account Managers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251.923.4474 anytime for assistance.
Use the Online Rater to submit risk data and receive an instant quote. Or, enter the risk data and use the “Submit to Underwriter” button at the top right of the quote.
To submit manually, complete our downloadable QQF (Quick Quote Form) for expedited submission. All requests will receive a response within the business day (submissions received by 2 pm CT will receive same day response).
Reach the SSIU Underwriting team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474.
After submitting and rating the risk through our Online Rater, use the Request Applications button to generate pre-filled applications for quoted risks. Print, email or have your insured electronically sign using the Bind Via Adobe E-Sign button. Click here to download the Adobe Sign How To Guide – 6 Quick Steps to Digital Signatures
- Incomplete applications (those missing information, forms or contact details) will delay binding time
- Quick bind turnaround – typically within the next business day after receipt of signed applications
- Upon completion, the Agency Invoice, Binder, and Policy are electronically submitted to retail agency
Reach our Policy Processing Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.923.4474.
- Coverage changes will be reviewed and quoted by an Underwriter, and premium changes provided to the agent prior to binding the endorsement.
- Non-monied endorsement requests (name changes, mortgagee changes, etc.) are processed in the same business day. General Change Endorsement and endorsed Declarations Page will be returned to the requesting agent via email.
- Cancellations require ACORD cancellation form signed by the Insured and HUD Statement or proof of new coverage
Contact our Policy Processing Team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474.
- Properties are inspected within 30 days of effective date and annually at renewal (Exception – Builders Risk and HO6 risks are exempt from inspection requirement).
- New risks are fully inspected – including exterior and interior for replacement cost estimates of finishes. Attic access is also requested to gather details of roof decking/nailing patterns.
- Contact information for insured or representative for inspection scheduling required at time of binding.
- Inspection fees are non-refundable if policy is canceled after the effective date or if the inspection has been completed.
- If underwriting concerns are discovered during inspection, Agent will receive a notification letter with instructions for repair/resolution. Properties which do not comply with inspection resolution requests will be subject to endorsement, cancellation or non-renewal at Underwriter discretion.
- Inspections reports are available for review and download via our Agent Portal in the Policy tab under Policy Details > Documents.
INSURED TO VALUE (ITV) and REPLACEMENT COST ESTIMATORS (RCE)
- Inspections are performed to verify building characteristics and identify any underwriting concerns which may be present. They are not meant to dictate coverage amounts, but will verify replacement cost coverage.
- Risks which have an ITV of less than 80% of Coverage A as determined by the Replacement Cost Estimator used during inspection will be brought to attention of the Agent. MSB or other RCE may be requested to verify replacement cost.
- Replacement Cost Estimators vary. Note that not all RCE programs gather data which include the same information or guidelines used by SSIU’s inspection company. Lumber pricing, inflation costs, debris removal and other factors can all influence the replacement cost evaluation.
- Credit is given for premises which are centrally monitored by combo alarm (burglar and fire)
- Certificate of Alarm Monitoring is required at binding for credit to be applied. If not received at time of binding, the policy will be bound without the credit, however it can be applied via endorsement upon receipt of certificate by SSIU
- Credit is given to premises which have adequate shutter protection for all glazed openings
- Presence of shutters will be verified during inspection. If during inspection, presence of shutters cannot be verified, the policy will be endorsed to remove the credit.
Questions about an inspection? Contact our Inspections Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.923.4474.
- Claims should be submitted via ACORD Loss Notice form
- Upon receipt, the SSIU Claims Team will submit the FNOL and supporting documents to our Claims Administrator
- Acknowledgement of Assignment, Adjuster Name and Contact and Claim Number will be emailed to the Agent
Questions about a claim? Contact our Claims Team anytime via email at email@example.com or by phone 251.923.4474
Billing for New Business and Commercial accounts is the responsibility of the Agency. Net invoices are submitted at time of binding to the Producing Agent for payment, and all invoices are due within 10 days of the effective date of the policy or endorsement. Access to specific policy invoice(s) and payment history is available within our Agent Portal via the Policy tab under Policy Details > Invoices & Payments.
Direct Billing for Personal Lines Renewals is also available. Click here to learn more about our Direct Billing for Renewals Program. Please contact our Direct Bill Coordinator, Maria Byrnes (firstname.lastname@example.org / 251.923.4483) to request direct billing for your agency’s renewals.
Premiums not paid within 10 days of effective date will be scheduled for cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
Questions about invoices or payments? Contact our Accounting Team anytime at email@example.com or by phone at 251.923.4474.