Our highly trained team of professional Underwriters, Account Managers and Underwriting Assistants are committed to providing stellar customer service.
The sections below expand to explain how to obtain quotes from our Online Rater, how to request binding, submit endorsements and claims, and more via our Agency Portal. If you cannot find answers here, please contact our Account Managers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251.923.4474 anytime for assistance. We also invite you to download this Workflow Reference Guide as a handy desktop tool.
Use the Online Rater to submit risk data and receive an instant quote. Or, enter the risk data and use the “Submit to Underwriter” button at the top right of the quote.
To submit manually, complete our downloadable QQF (Quick Quote Form) for expedited submission. All requests will receive a response within the business day (submissions received by 2 pm CT will receive same day response).
Reach the SSIU Underwriting team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474.
After submitting and rating the risk through our Online Rater, use the Request Applications button to generate pre-filled applications for quoted risks. Print, email or have your insured electronically sign using the Bind Via Adobe E-Sign button. Click here to download the Adobe Sign How To Guide – 6 Quick Steps to Digital Signatures
- Incomplete applications (those missing information, forms or contact details) will delay binding time
- Quick bind turnaround – typically within the next business day after receipt of signed applications
- Upon completion, the Agency Invoice, Binder, and Policy are electronically submitted to retail agency
Reach our Policy Processing Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.923.4474.
- Coverage changes will be reviewed and quoted by an Underwriter, and premium changes provided to the agent prior to binding the endorsement.
- Non-monied endorsement requests (name changes, mortgagee changes, etc.) are processed in the same business day. General Change Endorsement and endorsed Declarations Page will be returned to the requesting agent via email.
- Cancellations require ACORD cancellation form signed by the Insured and HUD Statement or proof of new coverage
Contact our Policy Processing Team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474.
- Properties are inspected within 30 days of effective date & annually at renewal (Exception – Builders Risk and HO6 risks are exempt from inspection requirement).
- New risks are fully inspected – including exterior and interior for replacement cost estimates of finishes.
- Renewal risks receive exterior-only inspections.
- Insured/Representative contact information required at binding for scheduling.
- Inspection fees are non-refundable if policy is canceled after the effective date or if the inspection has been completed.
- Underwriting concerns which are discovered during inspection will receive a notification letter to the Agent with instructions for repair/resolution.
- Properties which do not comply with inspection resolution requests will be subject to endorsement, cancellation or non-renewal at Underwriter discretion.
- Agent access to inspection reports available via our Agent Portal in the Policy tab under Policy Details > Documents.
INSURED TO VALUE (ITV) and REPLACEMENT COST ESTIMATORS (RCE)
- Inspections verify building characteristics and identify underwriting concerns. They do not intend to dictate coverage amounts, but will verify replacement cost.
- Risks which have an ITV of less than 80% of Coverage A as determined by the RCE used during inspection will be brought to attention of the Agent. An Agent verified MSB or other RCE may be requested to verify replacement cost.
- Replacement Cost Estimators vary. Not all RCE programs gather the same data by the same guidelines used by SSIU’s inspection company. Lumber pricing, inflation costs, debris removal and other factors can all influence RC evaluation.
- Credit is given for premises centrally monitored by combo alarm (burglar/fire)
- Certificate of Alarm Monitoring is required at binding for credit to be applied.
- Alarm certificates not received at binding will have the policy bound without the credit, however it can be applied via endorsement upon SSIU’s receipt of certificate.
- Credit is given for adequate shutter protection for all glazed openings.
- Presence of shutters will be verified during inspection. If presence of shutters cannot be verified, the policy will be endorsed to remove the credit.
WHAT CAN THE INSURED EXPECT DURING INSPECTION?
- Inspectors will schedule the inspection directly with the Insured or their noted inspection contact (collected at binding).
- Full inspections take approximately 1 hour to complete, and the inspector will access the exterior and interior of the risk. NOTE – Attic access is requested to gather details of roof decking & nailing patterns.
- 5 to 10 photos of the interior finishes of the risk are taken for replacement cost calculation (not to determine contents value).
- Images of the exterior elevation and surrounding premises are taken during both new and renewal inspections.
- Exterior only inspections do not require access to the interior of the risk and take the inspector approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- The Insured is not required to be present at exterior-only inspections, but are required to authorize the inspection to be completed.
- SSIU will not contact the Insured directly for inspection issues or scheduling.
- If a claim has been filed or previously noted issue remains unresolved, SSIU may elect to perform a full inspection upon renewal.
Questions about an inspection? Contact our Inspections Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.923.4474
PREFERRED METHOD OF CLAIM FILING IS VIA THE SSIU AGENT PORTAL
Agents reporting claims should log into the SSIU Agent Portal, click Submit FNOL/Claim from the navigation menu. Enter the Policy Number or Insured Name and click Search to locate the policy record. Click Claim Request to the right of the correct policy record, and you’ll be taken to a new window to verify the Policy Details and start the claim filing process. Once all details have been entered, you can upload any supporting documents or photos, and click Submit. The pre-filled ACORD First Notice of Loss form will then be emailed directly to SSIU’s Claims Department and a copy to the Agent.
- We ask agents to educate the insured on loss mitigation and encourage them to begin the clean-up process as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Upon receipt, the SSIU Claims Team will submit the FNOL and supporting documents to our Claims Administrator
- Acknowledgement of Assignment, Adjuster Name and Contact and Claim Number will be emailed to the Agent
Questions about a claim? Contact our Claims Team anytime via email at email@example.com or by phone 251.923.4474
Billing for New Business and Commercial accounts is the responsibility of the Agency. Net invoices are submitted at time of binding to the Producing Agent for payment, and all invoices are due within 10 days of the effective date of the policy or endorsement. Access to specific policy invoice(s) and payment history is available within our Agent Portal via the Policy tab under Policy Details > Invoices & Payments.
Direct Billing for Personal Lines Renewals is also available. Click here to learn more about our Direct Billing for Renewals Program. Please contact our Direct Bill Coordinator, Maria Byrnes (firstname.lastname@example.org / 251.923.4483) to request direct billing for your agency’s renewals.
Premiums not paid within 10 days of effective date will be scheduled for cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
Questions about invoices or payments? Contact our Accounting Team anytime at email@example.com or by phone at 251.923.4474.