If you have a bright personality, love to have fun at work, are driven to be the best-of-the-best, believe in personal and professional growth, want to be considered part of a family, rather than just an employee – then you may just be right to join SSIU. We operate in a fun, yet professional environment and offer competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, 401k and holiday pay. Candidates for positions with our company should be team oriented, self-motivated, a clear communicator with a customer-focused orientation. Business knowledge, critical thinking skills and a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement and both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are key focuses of the strong candidate.
Click here to complete the Employment Application, which includes the option to upload your resume and any other supporting documents before submitting. For questions, please contact Operations Director, Mindy Dees at email@example.com.
Underwriting Assistant – Personal & Commercial Lines
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for processing applications for personal and commercial insurance cover, including reviewing and finalizing application packets, loss runs and supplemental information to issue insurance policies. This position relies on sensible judgement and meticulous attention to detail. The underwriting assistant must ensure that accurate information is collected and entered into the company management system whereby policies are issued. Primary focus on Property and Casualty. This position allows uncapped potential for growth and earning. A great candidate must be outstanding at relationship building and dedicated to an impeccable customer service experience. An Underwriting Assistant is team oriented yet is a self-starter. They present themselves with integrity and professionalism and is a clear communicator. We appreciate those who are willing to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement in both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are expected as we work together to serve our clients well.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Relevant Work Experience may substitute for degree requirement. High School Diploma required.
- Previous insurance experience and knowledge of P&C insurance and underwriting concepts required (minimum 1 year).
- Agency relations experience and additional insurance education a plus. Ability to work in team environment and independently.
- Working knowledge of Windows PC, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required.
Successful Underwriting Assistants possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance management is necessary
- Should be flexible and able to switch quickly from one project to another when dictated by business need.
- A willingness to put forth additional effort when critical projects arise as well as availability to communicate with people in different time zones are important. A positive, “can-do” attitude is expected.
- Selects appropriate means of communication; questions to seek clarification and understanding.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Listens actively to others; conveys appropriate information to others.
- Scope – work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Accountability – under minimal supervision, makes sound professional decisions. Work leadership provided by assigning work and resolving problems.