The sections below expand to explain how to obtain quotes, request binding, submit endorsements and claims, and more via our Agency Portal. If you cannot find answers here, please contact our Account Managers directly at email@example.com or 251.923.4474 anytime for assistance. We also invite you to download our Workflow Reference Guide as a handy desktop tool:
- Use the Online Portal to submit risk data and receive an instant quote.
- Requests which are submitted to the Underwriter for review will receive a response within the business day (submissions received by 2 pm CT will receive same day response).
- Multiple proposals available for most risks (when available).
Reach the SSIU Underwriting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.930.6223.
- Access the Quote in the Online Portal.
- Click the Request Apps button to generate pre-populated applications
- Use the Adobe E-Sign function to send applications via email direct to the insured, then to the agent for digital signatures. Upon completion, applications are instantly deliver to SSIU’s Policy Issuance Team for review.
Note – Both agent and insured will receive a confirmation email upon completion of all signatures.
- Use the Print Applications function to print for wet signature, or to download and use your agency’s own digital signature service.
- Incomplete applications will delay binding.
- Bind requests are submitted through our Online Portal.
- Locate the Quote, and click the Request Apps button to access bind request options
- To upload applications, drag and drop completed applications using the Documents Upload function. Then, click Bind Via Uploading Apps button to submit to our Policy Issuance Team for review.
- Applications submitted via Adobe E-Sign are automatically submitted to SSIU’s Policy Issuance Team for review.
- Policies are only considered bound when the applications have been reviewed and accepted, and the policy documents are released by SSIU.
- Policy, binder and agency invoice will be delivered back to the agency electronically, and also tagged to the Online Portal for download.
Contact our Policy Issuance Team at email@example.com for questions or rush requests. Please refrain from sending bind requests to this email and submit requests via the portal.
- Endorsement and Cancellation requests are submitted through our Online Portal.
- Click Request Endorsement, from the main navigation menu. Locate the policy record, and click Endorsement Request.
- Coverage changes will be reviewed/quoted by an Underwriter, quotes for return or additional premium will be presented the agent prior to finalizing.
- Non-monied endorsement requests are processed the same business day. General Change Endorsement and endorsed Declarations Page will be returned via email to the agent and tagged for download in the Agent Portal.
- Cancellations require ACORD cancellation form signed by the insured and agent; proof of sale (HUD or deed) or proof of new coverage required to backdate cancellations.
Contact our Endorsements Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or rush requests. Please refrain from sending endorsement requests to this email and submit requests via the portal.
- Inspections are to be completed within 30 days of effective date for
both new and renewing business.
Exception – Builders Risk and HO6 risks are exempt from inspection requirement
- New Business will receive a complete interior/exterior inspection which includes a detailed Replacement Cost Estimator report.
- Renewing Business may receive an exterior-only inspection.
- Insured/Rep contact information required at binding for scheduling.
- Inspection fees are non-refundable if policy is canceled after the effective date or if the inspection has been completed.
- Agents will be notified of any inspection issues along with a timeline for repair/resolution.
- Risk with non-compliant issues may be subject to endorsement, cancellation, or non-renewal at the Underwriter discretion.
- Agent access to inspection reports available via our Agent Portal in the Policy tab under Policy Details > Documents.
INSURED TO VALUE (ITV) and REPLACEMENT COST ESTIMATORS (RCE)
- Inspections verify building characteristics and identify underwriting concerns. They do not intend to dictate coverage amounts, but will verify replacement cost.
- Risks which have an ITV of less than 100% of Coverage A as determined by the RCE used during inspection will be brought to attention of the Agent. An Agent verified MSB or other RCE may be requested to verify replacement cost.
- RCEs vary. Not all RCE programs gather the same data by the same guidelines used by SSIU’s inspection company. Lumber pricing, inflation costs, debris removal and other factors can all influence RC evaluation.
- Credit is given for premises centrally monitored by combo alarm (burglar/fire).
- Certificate of Alarm Monitoring is required at binding for credit to be applied.
- Alarm certificates not received at binding will have the policy bound without the credit, however it can be applied via endorsement upon SSIU’s receipt of certificate.
- Credit is given for adequate shutter protection for all glazed openings.
- Presence of shutters will be verified during inspection. If presence of shutters cannot be verified, the policy will be endorsed to remove the credit.
WHAT CAN THE INSURED EXPECT DURING INSPECTION?
- Full inspections take approximately 1 hour to complete, and the inspector will access the exterior and interior of the risk. The following will be inspected:
- Exterior, Lots and Grounds – The inspection starts with the exterior of the home. Exterior siding, doors, windows, decks and balconies, driveways and walks, and grading.
- Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace – This is whatever is below the home. Concrete foundation walls, crawlspace elements, and basement floors (if applicable). This includes columns, piers, and floor structure.
- Roofing, Attic, and Ventilation – This section is everything above the home. The attic will be accessed.*
- Plumbing – Photos of plumbing under the sinks in kitchen and bathrooms. Pipework of plumbing connected to washing machine.
- Water Heater
- Electrical Systems – Photos of main panel to interior panel
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Interior – This is a broad overview of the under-air condition, this includes bedrooms, garage, or offices, if applicable. 5 to 10 photos of the interior finishes of the risk are taken for replacement cost calculation (not to determine contents value).
- Exterior only inspections do not require access to the interior* of the risk and take the inspector approximately 30 minutes to complete.
*For wind-only policies, interior access is needed to enter the attic, we record the nailing patterns used on your roof to make sure we are giving you all the discounts you deserve.
Questions about an inspection? Contact our Inspections Team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474
PREFERRED METHOD OF CLAIM FILING IS VIA THE SSIU AGENT PORTAL
Agents reporting claims should log into the SSIU Agent Portal, click Submit FNOL/Claim from the navigation menu. Enter the Policy Number or Insured Name and click Search to locate the policy record. Click Claim Request to the right of the correct policy record, and you’ll be taken to a new window to verify the Policy Details and start the claim filing process. Once all details have been entered, you can upload any supporting documents or photos, and click Submit. The pre-filled ACORD First Notice of Loss form will then be emailed directly to SSIU’s Claims Department and a copy to the Agent.
- We ask agents to educate the insured on loss mitigation and encourage them to begin the clean-up process as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Upon receipt, the SSIU Claims Team will submit the FNOL and supporting documents to our Claims Administrator
- Acknowledgement of Assignment, Adjuster Name and Contact and Claim Number will be emailed to the Agent
Questions about a claim? Contact our Claims Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 251.923.4474
Billing for New Business and Commercial accounts is the responsibility of the Agency. Net invoices are submitted at time of binding to the Producing Agent for payment, and all invoices are due within 10 days of the effective date of the policy or endorsement. Access to specific policy invoice(s) and payment history is available within our Agent Portal via the Policy tab under Policy Details > Invoices & Payments. Premiums not paid within 10 days of effective date will be scheduled for cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
Questions about invoices or payments? Contact our Accounting Team anytime at email@example.com or by phone at 251.923.0188.
DIRECT BILLING FOR PERSONAL LINE RENEWALS
Please contact our Direct Billing Coordinator, Carson Reeves (firstname.lastname@example.org / 251.923.4494) to request direct billing for your agency’s renewals. Learn more about our Direct Billing program: