The sections below expand to explain how to obtain quotes from our Online Rater, how to request binding, submit endorsements and claims, and more via our Agency Portal. If you cannot find answers here, please contact our Account Managers directly at email@example.com or 251.923.4474 anytime for assistance. We also invite you to download this Workflow Reference Guide as a handy desktop tool.
- Use the Online Portal to submit risk data and receive an instant quote.
- Requests which are Submit to Underwriter for review will receive a response within the business day (submissions received by 2 pm CT will receive same day response).
- Multiple proposals available for most risks (when available).
Reach the SSIU Underwriting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 251.923.4474.
- Access the Quote in the Online Portal.
- Click the Request Apps button to generate pre-populated applications
- Use the Adobe E-Sign function to send applications via email direct to the insured, then to the agent for digital signatures. Upon completion, applications instantly deliver to SSIU’s Policy Issuance Team for review. Note, both agent and insured will receive a confirmation email upon completion of all signatures.
- Use the Print Applications function to print for wet signature, or to download and use your agency’s own digital signature service.
- Incomplete applications will delay binding.
- Bind requests are submitted through our Online Portal.
- Access the Quote, and click the Request Apps button to access bind request options
- To upload applications to the SSIU Policy Issuance Team, drag and drop completed applications using the Documents Upload function. Then, click Bind Via Uploading Apps button to submit to our Policy Issuance Team for review.
- Applications submitted via Adobe E-Sign are automatically submitted to SSIU’s Policy Issuance Team for review.
- Policies are only considered bound when the applications have been reviewed and accepted, and the policy documents are released by SSIU.
- Invoice, binder and policy will be delivered back to the agency electronically, and also tagged to the Online Portal for download.
Contact our Policy Issuance Team at email@example.com for questions or rush requests. Please refrain from sending bind requests to this email and submit requests via the portal.
- Endorsement and Cancellation requests are submitted through our Online Portal.
- Click Request Endorsement, from the main navigation menu. Locate the policy record, and click Endorsement Request
- Coverage changes will be reviewed/quoted by an Underwriter, quotes for return or additional premium will be presented the agent prior to finalizing.
- Non-monied endorsement requests are processed the same business day. General Change Endorsement and endorsed Declarations Page returned via email to the agent and tagged for download in the Agent Portal.
- Cancellations require ACORD cancellation form signed by the insured and agent; proof of sale (HUD or deed) or proof of new coverage required to backdate cancellations.
Contact our Endorsements Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or rush requests. Please refrain from sending endorsement requests to this email and submit requests via the portal.
- Properties are inspected within 30 days of effective date & annually at renewal (Exception – Builders Risk and HO6 risks are exempt from inspection requirement).
- New risks are fully inspected – including exterior and interior for replacement cost estimates of finishes.
- Renewal risks receive exterior-only inspections.
- Insured/Representative contact information required at binding for scheduling.
- Inspection fees are non-refundable if policy is canceled after the effective date or if the inspection has been completed.
- Underwriting concerns which are discovered during inspection will receive a notification letter to the Agent with instructions for repair/resolution.
- Properties which do not comply with inspection resolution requests will be subject to endorsement, cancellation or non-renewal at Underwriter discretion.
- Agent access to inspection reports available via our Agent Portal in the Policy tab under Policy Details > Documents.
INSURED TO VALUE (ITV) and REPLACEMENT COST ESTIMATORS (RCE)
- Inspections verify building characteristics and identify underwriting concerns. They do not intend to dictate coverage amounts, but will verify replacement cost.
- Risks which have an ITV of less than 80% of Coverage A as determined by the RCE used during inspection will be brought to attention of the Agent. An Agent verified MSB or other RCE may be requested to verify replacement cost.
- Replacement Cost Estimators vary. Not all RCE programs gather the same data by the same guidelines used by SSIU’s inspection company. Lumber pricing, inflation costs, debris removal and other factors can all influence RC evaluation.
- Credit is given for premises centrally monitored by combo alarm (burglar/fire)
- Certificate of Alarm Monitoring is required at binding for credit to be applied.
- Alarm certificates not received at binding will have the policy bound without the credit, however it can be applied via endorsement upon SSIU’s receipt of certificate.
- Credit is given for adequate shutter protection for all glazed openings.
- Presence of shutters will be verified during inspection. If presence of shutters cannot be verified, the policy will be endorsed to remove the credit.
WHAT CAN THE INSURED EXPECT DURING INSPECTION?
- Inspectors will schedule the inspection directly with the Insured or their noted inspection contact (collected at binding).
- Full inspections take approximately 1 hour to complete, and the inspector will access the exterior and interior of the risk. NOTE – Attic access is requested to gather details of roof decking & nailing patterns.
- 5 to 10 photos of the interior finishes of the risk are taken for replacement cost calculation (not to determine contents value).
- Images of the exterior elevation and surrounding premises are taken during both new and renewal inspections.
- Exterior only inspections do not require access to the interior of the risk and take the inspector approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- The Insured is not required to be present at exterior-only inspections, but are required to authorize the inspection to be completed.
- SSIU will not contact the Insured directly for inspection issues or scheduling.
- If a claim has been filed or previously noted issue remains unresolved, SSIU may elect to perform a full inspection upon renewal.
Questions about an inspection? Contact our Inspections Team anytime via email at email@example.com or phone 251.923.4474
PREFERRED METHOD OF CLAIM FILING IS VIA THE SSIU AGENT PORTAL
Agents reporting claims should log into the SSIU Agent Portal, click Submit FNOL/Claim from the navigation menu. Enter the Policy Number or Insured Name and click Search to locate the policy record. Click Claim Request to the right of the correct policy record, and you’ll be taken to a new window to verify the Policy Details and start the claim filing process. Once all details have been entered, you can upload any supporting documents or photos, and click Submit. The pre-filled ACORD First Notice of Loss form will then be emailed directly to SSIU’s Claims Department and a copy to the Agent.
- We ask agents to educate the insured on loss mitigation and encourage them to begin the clean-up process as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Upon receipt, the SSIU Claims Team will submit the FNOL and supporting documents to our Claims Administrator
- Acknowledgement of Assignment, Adjuster Name and Contact and Claim Number will be emailed to the Agent
Questions about a claim? Contact our Claims Team anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 251.923.4474
Billing for New Business and Commercial accounts is the responsibility of the Agency. Net invoices are submitted at time of binding to the Producing Agent for payment, and all invoices are due within 10 days of the effective date of the policy or endorsement. Access to specific policy invoice(s) and payment history is available within our Agent Portal via the Policy tab under Policy Details > Invoices & Payments.
Direct Billing for Personal Lines Renewals is also available. Click here to learn more about our Direct Billing for Renewals Program. Please contact our Direct Bill Coordinator, Maria Byrnes (email@example.com / 251.923.4483) to request direct billing for your agency’s renewals.
Premiums not paid within 10 days of effective date will be scheduled for cancellation due to non-payment of premium.
Questions about invoices or payments? Contact our Accounting Team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 251.923.4474.