Founded in 2013, SSIU is a coastal InsurTech company which connects our customers with a comprehensive collection of A rated carriers. Our web-based platforms allow users to obtain quotes anytime, from anywhere, to meet today’s on-demand consumer environment. Data entry is minimized by populating information from API calls – maximizing user efficiency. Quotes from multiple carriers are summarized instantly allowing retailers to choose the company best suited to the client’s need, and the automation of application, payment, and renewal processes provide continued ease of use post initial transaction.
Real-time analytics foster intelligent decisions, ensuring the fastest, most personalized service in the industry. Our sound underwriting principles allow us to attract and offer superior markets to our agents. By promoting outstanding training and long-term career opportunities, SSIU attracts superior individuals who share the company vision of excellence and growth.
Our Carrier Partners
- Lloyd’s of London – Personal & Commercial Property with Wind, Wind Only, X-Wind, Builders Risk
- Canopius US – Personal & Commercial Property with Wind, Commercial Package, Wind Only, Builders Risk
- Chubb European SE – Personal & Commercial Property with Wind, Wind Only, Builders Risk
- Convex UK Limited – Personal Property with Wind, Wind Only
- Chaucer Insurance Company DAC – Personal Property with Wind, Wind Only, X-Wind
- Atlantic Casualty – Stand Alone General Liability, Inland Marine
- Safehold Special Risk – Builders Risk
- Palomar Specialty (Admitted) – Builders Risk
Current Market Territories
- ALABAMA COUNTIES – Mobile, Baldwin
- MISSISSIPPI COUNTIES – Hancock, Harrison, Jackson*
- SOUTH CAROLINA COUNTIES – Beaufort, Colleton, Charleston, Georgetown, Horry
- FLORIDA COUNTIES – Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Franklin, Wakulla, Nassau
- GEORGIA COUNTIES – Chatham, Bryan, Liberty, McIntosh, Glynn, Camden
*Expansion into additional markets expected in 2021
About Lloyd’s of London
Lloyd’s is the world’s specialist insurance and re-insurance market, bringing together an outstanding concentration of underwriting expertise and talent. It is often the first to insure emerging, unusual and/or complex risks. As the oldest insurance marketplace in the world, they have the pedigree and stability you and your customers want, and they maintain an A rating with AM Best. Our partnership with Lloyd’s means that the products you need for your customers are available in your area. We understand that helping you write more business is beneficial to us all. Our vast knowledge of Lloyd’s product lines allows us to help you recommend the best insurance opportunities to your customers, while giving you the security of knowing that SSIU is here to assist you. Lloyd’s has approved SSIU as a Coverholder by performing an assessment of our reputation and financial standing, and investigating the character and suitability of our offices and employees before accreditation.
Personal Lines Programs
SSIU writes flexible coverage for all your customer’s personal lines needs. Programs include Homeowners, Rental Dwellings, Condominium Unit Owners, Wind Only, Vacant Dwellings and Manufactured Homes.
Commercial Lines Programs
We specialize in coverage for small to medium sized businesses with product offerings like: Commercial Property, General Liability, Builders Risk, Commercial Package, Vacant Risks and COAs and HOAs.
SSIU is working with our Carrier Partners to develop even more product offerings. Some programs coming soon to our market include Cyber Liability, access to Admitted Markets and Private Market Flood.